Not a load of rubbish

Attempting to live a whole month without contributing any waste to a landfill site.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Help!

I didn’t think through this experiment. I don't know how to compost or what is recyclable. So, I have a fridge full of compost and have lived on three chicken legs, beer and a chewing gum for the last week.

But I’ve faced up to it and am seeking help. I’ve posted on the friends of the earth and home recycling forums.

If you know someone who is particularly anal about composting, recycling or reducing waste, tell them I need their help!

6 Comments:

Blogger waster said...

you can also ask help from master composters from the LCRN website, see if you have any available in the area you live

compost@lcrn.org.uk

or 020 7324 4690

www.lcrn.org.uk

If you want I can send you a free pocket size book about compost, send me an email with your address

PS: You can get a subsidized composter/wormery from your council

10:41 am GMT+1  
Blogger not a load of rubbish said...

Thanks Waster,

Really useful stuff there, I'll let you know how I get on with composting.

3:10 pm GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how is it going? - composting is about heat so refrigeration is a bit odd

9:15 pm GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't do compost anymore. I thickly mulch my garden and just slide the potential compostables under the mulch, a different area each time. By the end of the growing season it has been "absorbed" by the soil. And there is no odor when doing this either.

12:15 am GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been doing something similar, if you want to see how i've done it.

6:09 pm GMT+1  
Anonymous Izzi Goodward said...

For anyone one else looking for guidance on composting, what to put in your compost bin and what green and brown items when composting, I found this really good website that tells you all you need to know about composting. www.elementgreenrecycling.co.uk/recycling-at-home/compost-bins.html

8:53 am GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home