Not a load of rubbish

Attempting to live a whole month without contributing any waste to a landfill site.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

More on a sticky situation

I’ve been asked what happened to the chewing gum wrapper. It wasn’t mine so I assume my friend took great care to make sure he only bought recyclable packaging and ensured the wrapper ended up in the recycling bag. If I find out otherwise, I will track the wrapper down and send it to this Russian wrapper collector.


Some have commented that swallowing chewing gum is a cop out as my stomach cannot break it down so it will end up in landfill eventually. However, I have it on good authority (playground myth) that chewing gum stays in your body for seven years. That means I don’t have to worry about it for a while.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so now you are looking for 3 chicken bones and a chewing gum wrapper and relying on a pub to recycle your empties. take responsibility for your own waste!

3:29 pm GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you usually use your local landfill as a toilet or are you trying not to use the sewage system also this month? - good idea seeing as so much goes untreated out to sea - not from Tooting Bec obviously, but you see the point. A bit difficult from a physiological point of view I would have thought but I await with fascination your account of how it is to be done

3:37 pm GMT+1  
Blogger not a load of rubbish said...

Hi Optimadeo,

I am just concentrating on landfill waste - not sewage. (one step at a time). That means I don't have to worry about gum. yeah!

4:53 pm GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home