Not a load of rubbish

Attempting to live a whole month without contributing any waste to a landfill site.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day one of zero waste month

Oh dear. The first day of my experiment and I have already come across my first hurdle. I am going to try to avoid making any waste that would end up in a landfill site for one month.

That means that I will have to go without anything I can’t recycle or compost. It can’t be that hard, can it?

That’s what I thought until it was pointed out at lunch that you can’t compost chicken bones.

If you know what to do with them, please let me know.

You can follow me throughout the month on this blog. At the end of August I will let you know whether I think it is possible to live a zero waste month, a zero waste year or a zero waste life. At the moment it looks like a zero waste day would be an achievement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home