Not a load of rubbish

Attempting to live a whole month without contributing any waste to a landfill site.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A bone to pick

I have been asked what happened to the chicken bones.

I’m afraid I have a confession to make. I left the bones in the canteen.

In my defence, this was before I got comments back saying I could compost chicken, if I boil it and mash it first.

To undo my badness I’m now in search of three chicken bones to make into compost. I’ve got a tip off that there are a lot of bones on the road round Tooting Bec station.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can hardly give up at first hurdle! what did you do with the chewing gum wrappers?

9:13 pm GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about all the other wrappings? you can't have lived on 3 chicken legs several pints of beer and chewing gum for three days can you?

2:34 pm GMT+1  
Blogger not a load of rubbish said...

tullyshammer,

I am recycling and will start a compost bin. That means I can still eat a lot of stuff (just as long as I eat it all).

So far I've been eating things like pizza from the canteen. But now I'm starting to think that I really won't be able to eat anything from a restaurant as I don't know what they do with their rubbish.

5:01 pm GMT+1  
Blogger not a load of rubbish said...

Death by vegetables,

As I am aiming to avoid the landfill site only, burning is a viable option.

This is useful, as I have persuaded myself that toilet roll is OK as I’ve been told that toilet roll is burnt. I’m still investigating whether this is true.

I think the investigation will take about 30 days.

6:29 pm GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home