Not a load of rubbish

Attempting to live a whole month without contributing any waste to a landfill site.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wining not dining

"So now you are looking for 3 chicken bones and a chewing gum wrapper and relying on a pub to recycle your empties. Take responsibility for your own waste!"

OK OK! You’ll be pleased to know last night I bought a bottle of wine and took it home to recycle. I wasn’t accosted by the bar staff asking why I was taking their bottle. I also wasn’t glassed and mugged with the bottle on the way home either. So there goes my justification for not taking stuff home.

Now I’ve got to think about eating out. Am I responsible for all the waste made in their kitchen? If so, how would a waiter react to my request to take the waste home? If he doesn’t give me that waste or some isn’t recyclable, does that mean I can’t eat out for a whole month?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's the proof that you made it home with the bottle? we were promised pictures!

2:37 pm GMT+1  
Blogger not a load of rubbish said...

Dan,

I wasn't expecting everyone to keep me on my toes so much.

I don't have a picture of the bottles in my bin because I don't have a camera phone. This makes taking a picture so much more time consuming. But if you really want proof, I'll take a picture tonight.

2:43 pm GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home